Vision & Mission
Our Vision is to provide an efficient and transparent mechanism for collection of indirect taxes with a view to encourage voluntary compliance. Our Mission is to achieve excellence in the formulation and implementation of Goods and Services Tax(GST) laws and procedures aimed at :
- Realizing the revenues in a fair, equitable, transparent and efficient manner
- Administering the Government's economic, taxation and trade policies in a pragmatic manner
- Facilitating trade and industry by streamlining and simplifying GST processes and helping Indian business to enhance its competitiveness
- Creating a climate for voluntary compliance by providing information and guidance
- Combating revenue evasion, commercial frauds and social menace
- Supplementing the efforts to ensure national security.
- Integrity and judiciousness
- Impartiality and fairness
- Courtesy and understanding
- Objectivity and transparency
- Uprightness and conscientiousness
- Promptness and efficiency
- Be at the service of the country and its citizens
- Work to uphold the economic security and sovereignty of the country
- Make our procedures and transactions as transparent as possible
- Encourage and assist voluntary tax compliance.
We Further Commit That
All officers will carry Identity Cards and all uniformed officers will wear name badges while on official duty.Personal and business information disclosed to us will be kept confidential subject to the provisions of the Right to Information Act, 2005.Assessees will be visited only by authorized officers.Due respect will be given to the tax compliance record of the assessees.Before searching any premises or persons, the reasons thereof shall be explained. Officers undertaking any search operations shall offer themselves for personal search beforehand.
The investigating officer will explain the legal provisions and your rights and obligations. Full information about appeal procedure shall be provided along with details of the authorities with whom appeals can be filed.Stakeholders will be consulted continually while reviewing our policies and procedures. Timely publicity of all changes in the law and procedures shall be provided.Efforts will be made to enhance the use of information technology in all work areas and enable the trade to have IT based information access..
Every possible assistance will be rendered by the Public Relations Officer in the Divisional Office/Commissionerate Office. The name and telephone number of the Public Relations Officer will be prominently displayed at such offices. Relevant information and details of procedures, as may be required, will also be provided.The service attributes shall be measured through customer perception feedback on the above commitments with the intention of continuous improvement in service delivery.